How could Balanced Accounting help you?
VAT Health Check
VAT Health Checks
VAT Health Check
We offer affordably priced VAT Health Checks, which help to check whether you’re accounting for VAT in accordance with current VAT legislation and reduce the scope for VAT errors (we can’t guarantee a total absence of errors, as this would involve checking all transactions).
The comprehensive range of services provided within our VAT Health Check are designed to:
- Ensure that you’re applying the right VAT schemes, including any that are appropriate to your specific type of business;
- Check a sample of transactions to ensure their compliance with prevailing VAT rules;
- Where required, update you or your staff regarding VAT rules;
- Where partial exemption rules are applicable, check that VAT is being calculated correctly;
- Run through our checklist of common VAT errors, advising as appropriate;
- Compare Output VAT from returns to recorded turnover within your accounts;
- Flag any VAT planning issues, cost savings or unused but relevant schemes;
- Check that you are dealing correctly with any industry-specific issues that are known to be subject to HMRC target checks.
What some past and present clients have had to say
Hazel has the right balance of professionalism and approachability, coupled with first-rate accountancy expertise and advice. Queries are dealt with quickly and efficiently, and she is always on the end of the telephone to talk through any questions we may have. I can confidently recommend Hazel and Balanced Accounting to anyone looking for an accountancy firm that has your best interests at heart.Victoria Usher / GingerMay PR
Looking back at how Hazel has managed our accounts since 2010, it is hard to imagine how we managed before without her pro-active and unquestionably professional guidance. Whilst always coming across as friendly and approachable on a day-to-day basis, Hazel / Balanced Accounting provides efficient expertise and an invaluable service to our company.Graeme Hall / ifour
I found Hazel via her helpful replies on a UK business forum. I was specifically looking for a switched-on, friendly accountant who understood how an agile, modern online business operates. Her forum replies echoed the experience I have had since choosing Balanced Accounting - calm, knowledgeable, patient and fully in control. I have come to rely on Hazel completely and am very happy to do so. Highly recommended and a breath of fresh air!Kevin Browning / Blue Light Internet
Hazel has provided our companies with a superb service. We decided to use Balanced Accounting because of their ethical approach and have been delighted with what they have achieved for us and their very friendly and personal touch. As people new to the world of limited companies they have guided us every step of the way and made our accounting very easy to manage. We could not have asked for more.Crichton and Susan Casbon / Crichton Casbon Consulting and IgnitED
Hazel Wells at Balanced Accounting works for us as Company Secretary and accountant for our estate management company. Quite a complex set up in a small way, but the work has been done with speed, efficiency and, in some tricky situations, a good deal of diplomacy. As a small organisation the personal touch is very evident and very welcome.Anon / Prefers privacy