How could Balanced Accounting help you?
PAYE Health Check
PAYE Health Checks
PAYE Health Checks
For firms that manage their own payrolls, but would welcome a review to check that everything is running smoothly and correctly and that all the relevant issues are being taken into account, we offer an affordable PAYE Health Check service.
In providing our PAYE Health Check, we perform the following checks:
- Sample check and review of payroll records;
- Sample testing for PAYE errors that tax inspectors most commonly look for;
- Statistical analysis of your firm’s completed PAYE returns;
- Sample checking PAYE return completion;
- Comparison of PAYE returns against annual accounts;
- Sample checking of starters and leavers to ensure they’re being processed correctly;
- Review of statutory maternity and sick pay, working tax credits and student loan deductions;
- Identifying any workers whose employment status may represent an issue;
- Review completion of PAYE year-end;
- Review of expenses disclosures and benefit in kind assessments;
- Check dispensations for expenses payments;
- Identify any opportunities for improved PAYE planning.
We also offer a similar service tailored to the specific needs of the construction industry in the form of a CIS Health Check.
What some past and present clients have had to say
Hazel has the right balance of professionalism and approachability, coupled with first-rate accountancy expertise and advice. Queries are dealt with quickly and efficiently, and she is always on the end of the telephone to talk through any questions we may have. I can confidently recommend Hazel and Balanced Accounting to anyone looking for an accountancy firm that has your best interests at heart.Victoria Usher / GingerMay PR
Looking back at how Hazel has managed our accounts since 2010, it is hard to imagine how we managed before without her pro-active and unquestionably professional guidance. Whilst always coming across as friendly and approachable on a day-to-day basis, Hazel / Balanced Accounting provides efficient expertise and an invaluable service to our company.Graeme Hall / ifour
I found Hazel via her helpful replies on a UK business forum. I was specifically looking for a switched-on, friendly accountant who understood how an agile, modern online business operates. Her forum replies echoed the experience I have had since choosing Balanced Accounting - calm, knowledgeable, patient and fully in control. I have come to rely on Hazel completely and am very happy to do so. Highly recommended and a breath of fresh air!Kevin Browning / Blue Light Internet
Hazel has provided our companies with a superb service. We decided to use Balanced Accounting because of their ethical approach and have been delighted with what they have achieved for us and their very friendly and personal touch. As people new to the world of limited companies they have guided us every step of the way and made our accounting very easy to manage. We could not have asked for more.Crichton and Susan Casbon / Crichton Casbon Consulting and IgnitED
Hazel Wells at Balanced Accounting works for us as Company Secretary and accountant for our estate management company. Quite a complex set up in a small way, but the work has been done with speed, efficiency and, in some tricky situations, a good deal of diplomacy. As a small organisation the personal touch is very evident and very welcome.Anon / Prefers privacy